Nine times out of ten when a woman says, “I have a boyfriend,” what this translates to is, “You just telegraphed too much interest.” It has nothing to do with whether she actually has a boyfriend. In fact, if she is attracted to you, she will often deliberately hide the boyfriend from you until after you have had sex with hen Whether she mentions him or not in no way proves that he actually exists—only that she had a motive to mention him.
Some Reasons That a Woman Might Say She Has a Boyfriend :
1. Though she doesn’t have a boyfriend) she’s not attracted to you or you miscalibrated your escalation.
2. She does have a boyfriend and) given her current options, she has chosen to stick with that relationship.
3. She does have a boyfriend and is willing to sleep with you but wants to make sure that you understand her situation first. She wants discretion and understanding. And though she might be available to you for sex, she’s not immediately available for any more of a commitment,
4. She does have a boyfriend and she is willing to cheat on him (they often are if your game is tight), but she doesn’t want to feel guilty about it. This is her rationalization process at work. As long as she mentions the boyfriend before sleeping with you, she can rationalize to herself that it was your fault. Sure, she might regret it later, but that won’t necessarily stop her from cheating.
5. She doesn’t have a boyfriend and she is attracted to you; she just doesn’t want to look like a loser who can’t get a man, Most hot women have orbiters anyway: nice guys who pose as their friends but secretly want to sleep with them. Since the word “boyfriend” can have so many different meanings, she is thinking of one of her orbiters as a “place keeper.”